Friday, August 25

boys read little women?

there is one boy i've managed to keep my website away from, pete, and today he left the state of california to settle back down in new haven, connecticut. i put him on a plane and wondered if in a few weeks would i actually see him again? the heavens say no, he says yes.

he handed me a letter, i read it. it was the typical stuff he'd been saying all week. but at the bottom he started talking about how he read little women his senior year in high school and one quote that stuck in his head reminded him of me:

"why does everyone want to go away? i love being home. but I don't like being left behind."

at first i didn't even think about the quote, i just was shocked that boys actually read little women. but then i realized that he'd actually listened to everything i'd said. my fears about my friends being gone when i got to new york. my fears that my mother was really going to move to italy. i'd actually spent time telling him about it all before i put it on my site because i didn't tell him where to find my site and he never asked.

i miss him already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home