Sunday, April 16

the boy, greg, sat across from me in the crowded sticky denny's booth kept glancing over at my food.

"do you want a french fry?" i asked him, pushing the plate towards him.

"sure, thanks," he smiled taking some for himself.

"don't let greg get to you," brandon laughed, leaning into me and reaching his hand towards my plate

"huh?" i asked, pushing his hand away.

"he uses his charms to get free food from women."

"just women?" i asked, directing the question to greg with raised eyebrows.

"yes. i've learned to use my charms on women to get things such as food," he replied with a goofy smile.

"get anything else out of the deal?" i pulled my plate away from him, feeling gullible.

"yeah lots of stuff i guess. except for sex. sex isn't something to charm a woman into," he smiled, popping the last french fry he had stolen from me into his mouth.

i laughed. he must have thought i really was that gullible.
---
"when i have kids, i'm going to put them on a leash," greg informed us.

"isn't that a tad big cruel?" brandon asked.

"hey my parents did it that me," ned, piped up from the booth behind us that was filled with brandon's rowdy friends.

"damn ned. thanks for ruining my dreams," greg snickered.

"huh?" ned asked, poking his head between me and brandon's.

"well look how you turned out. i'll be damned if my kids are going to turn out like you. you're a freak."

"oh that's a big insult coming from you," ned rolled his eyes and turned back around.

"what? what's wrong with me?" greg asked, patting himself down and looking at the people seated around our table for some answer.

"do we have a few days? cus well we'd all need a few days to go into that," brandon chuckled as greg threw ice at him.

boys. they never grow up.
---
"that's all you're going to leave for a tip?" sarah exclaimed pushing kevin in the stomach.

"yeah, why?" he shrugged, glancing at the 4.00 on the table.

"cus you guys were horrible!"

"yeah but she wasn't cute."

"oh my god i can't believe you just said that!" she yelled.

"oh like you haven't given someone a tip just because they're cute," he laughed, pushing his wallet into his back pocket.

she stood there silently and gazed over at me. i tried not to laugh but let out a loud giggle as i pulled my jacket around my shoulders.

"it's not the same thing!" she exclaimed, pointing at me and kevin.

"if you wanna be equal and all that womanly feminist jazz then yes it is the same, deal with it."

he was right but really.. all women are considered feminists these days. the requirements? breasts and a uterus. those are pretty easy to come by these days.

you can even buy them if you really want to.

but really.. i don't think you do.

dimanche.16.avril.2000



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home